You have chosen to receive Invisalign® clear aligners, which in many ways are less of an adjustment than traditional braces. But you may still have some questions or need to make a few adjustments to your day-to-day life to make sure your smile progresses as planned. Our orthodontist and team are here for you every step of the way.
- Brush and floss regularly. Your aligners are removable, which makes maintaining good oral hygiene easy.
- Wear your aligners at least 20-22 hours each day, as directed by our orthodontist. You should only remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush and floss. If you stop wearing your aligners or wear them less, your teeth will not move into their proper positions and your treatment progress will slow down.
- Clean your aligners regularly. They are made of clear plastic to give you a nearly invisible treatment, but if your aligners are dirty your teeth will also appear dirty.
- Keep your aligners away from very hot water or heated surfaces, such as car dashboards and dishwashers. Heat will warp the aligner, making it impossible to move your teeth effectively.
- Keep your aligners safely stored in a container when not wearing them – this will help prevent them from being lost or damaged, and will also keep them out of reach of pets.
- Keep visiting your regular dentist to help keep your teeth and smile healthy during orthodontic treatment.
- Wear an athletic mouth guard if you play a sport. This will help protect your teeth and mouth from injury.
- Make and keep all your follow-up visits with our orthodontist and team so we can monitor the progress of your treatment.
Please feel free to call Feinstein 360 Orthodontics today at 804-735-0365 if you have any additional questions about Invisalign clear aligners in Chesterfield, Virginia, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Feinstein.